I loved having Easter with General Conference this year. I didn't get a lot out of Saturday's session mostly because Chad was working and trying to listen to conference and take care of kids alone doesn't really mix. Thank goodness we can go back and read, watch, or listen again!
Sunday morning started out with a trail of Easter eggs beginning at Hallie's bedroom door upstairs and winding its way down to the kitchen table. She loved it! So did Gavin, the little chocolate addict!
Here's the final part of the egg trail.
Here's their Easter surprises! The bunny also left Hallie a little present out on the door step. Good thing Chad and the bunny are tight!
Hallie showing her Easter excitement. Gavin just loving the chocolate!

Hmm...more chocolate???

Hallie gets the best bed head! There isn't one morning that it's not crazy!
Hmm...more chocolate???
Hallie gets the best bed head! There isn't one morning that it's not crazy!
We were pleasantly surprised to be able to listen to conference Sunday morning. The kids were occupied with their Easter stuff and Gavin even took an early nap. During conference Hallie and I colored some pictures together and we talked some more about the meaning of Easter. She understands that Easter is celebrating "Christ's body dying and coming back to life." She can even say resurrection. During a couple of our little discussions, I strongly felt the spirit testify to me that what I was teaching her and what we were simply talking about are true. It reminded me of Elder Bednar, whose talks I always love, said to bare testimony everyday to your kids. What sweet moments she and I shared!
Later that day we had dinner with my brother Nate and his family! We're so thankful to be by family again! Loved Easter and cannot wait to read conferece again!
4 comments:
So fun! I hope you guys are enjoying being out of school. It's nice a lot of ways, huh? I love your kids out of bed heads. So cute.
So fun! I hope you guys are enjoying being out of school. It's nice a lot of ways, huh? I love your kids out of bed heads. So cute.
Heather,
We miss you! Thank you so much for the card, that was very thoughtful.
I just checked out your blog.Your town home and everything that you have been up to seem like fun. I like how you share the gospel through your posts. You are such a great example. Love you...Hope that you have a great week.
Heather, hi! It's Jaimie Krupp. How are you guys?! I think about you guys sometimes and have wondered what happened to you. Congratulations to Chad on graduation and a new job! Sounds like some great things going on for you guys.
Your kids are so cute! How old is Hallie? I totally didn't know you named your daughter Hallie, so I am so sorry! I didn't mean to copy... I didn't know! Honest!
Glad I found your blog. I love blogs. :) Mine's krupptimes.blogspot.com. I'm excited to keep up with you guys now that I've found you.
Post a Comment