Tuesday, May 11, 2010

All about Hallie

It's been way too long since I posted some things just about Hallie! I also need to post Chad's 30th birthday, but that will have to be next.

Hallie makes me smile every day, but I also find myself frustrated and focusing on what's going wrong! So not smart! She's done so well at adjusting to our move here and finding new friends. She loves her brother and helps him a lot, but it will be funny to watch those two when Gavin is so much bigger than she is!

Hallie's really beginning to love to use her hands. She loves painting, coloring, play dough, drawing, and wanting to write her ABC's. She a smart cookie and is quickly figuring out how to maneuver her way around pbskids.org. She's so proud that she can successfully hop on one leg!
You always wonder if your kids are learning the good things from you, and not when you're having some of your "moments." Well, the other morning I was taking a shower and Hallie came in and said, "Mom, I broke something." My first words were, "Hallie! What was it???" She left the bathroom and I had a moment to think. Did I really want to her focus on what she did wrong, or the wonderful fact that she came to me and told me the truth? I opted for the second.
She came back in and showed me what had happened. Nothing major and definitely not a big deal. Nobody got hurt, and it didn't involve anything sharp. I peaked around the shower curtain, told her it was fine, but made sure she knew she made the right decision to tell me the truth. She understood and it ended sooooo much better than me blowing up over nothing and we both learned valuable lessons!

I love this girl so much! Her personality is girly, yet she can hold her own with the boys! She is spunky, friendly, and knows what she wants!


This is a short little video of Hallie as a "star" and some recent dance moves!

What I learned today while folding laundry and listening to conference talks, "Notice and appreciate the good things each member of your family does."

1 comment:

Whitney said...

oh goodness! she is so cute! i see some major potential for drill team haha! jk o and i cant beileve gavin is walking! i cant wait to come see you guys!