Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happy, Happy Birthday Hallie Dear!!!

Yay for Hallie! She's 4 today and in some ways I'm sad because that means she's only getting closer to going to school, which means I won't have my 1st sidekick with me all the time. Kinda feels lonely! But, today was a lot of fun! We decided to forgo a friend party for her because we wanted to get her something she really wanted! It still worked out great because she spent time with some of her friends and cousins, too!

Here's our 4 year old beauty just after waking up on her birthday!
We surprised her with a new bike! She's completely out-grown her other little one and just needs her mom to work with her to get the training wheels off.
We spent a couple of hours at a nearby spray park with some friends, Cadence and Jack. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE the parks here??!!
Here's my attempt for a birthday cake. A cake on the bottom with cupcakes stacked on top. Kids loved it, but it definitely won't win a contest!
Opening one of her many presents from family! Thank you everyone!

After the spray park, we met up with Chad for lunch and celebrated a little more! I think she had a fun day and I wore her out. Poor girl needed a nap before the cake and ice cream with cousins. This was the result, similar to last year, "it's my party and I'll cry if I want to."


I feel kinda bad putting that last video up. She just wanted to pick the candles off herself! So here's a much happier video of Hallie getting her new bike!

Dear Hallie,

We love you so much! We hope you had a fun day and enjoyed it all! We absolutely love your personality and spontaneity! We love your jokes, and that you crawl in bed with us every morning! It makes us feel so good when you hug us and say, "thank you." You are such a good example to us and I love that when you hear someone doesn't feel well, you ask Heavenly Father to bless them and make them better! You have enough energy for all of us! Thanks for keeping us going! We love you, sweet pea!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Four years old. How crazy! It's so sad to think of them going to school, huh? I'm glad I'm not there yet. Happy Birthday Hallie!

Jaimie said...

She is so beautiful!
My oldest turns 4 next month too. I can't believe it. 4?? Sheesh. I know what you mean about being closer to school--I'm totally going to cry when Elsie goes!