Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Corn Syrup Painting

A couple of weeks ago we did a painting activity for Faith In God/Activity Days with our primary girls and I thought it would be something fun and easy for Hallie to do. I'm always looking for an expensive and fun project to do with her, and she loved it! You just put some corn syrup in a bowl and add your choice of food coloring and you've got paint! The result after drying, which takes some time, is a glossy, shiny picture. Hallie's pictures are now hanging in her room. You can buy heavy duty painting paper, but we just used coloring pages lightly taped to construction paper.

For a brief moment, I felt like a creative mother!

After Gavin's 30 min nap, (AHHH) he got in on the action too!

Our final products! It's hard to tell from this picture, but the colors are really shiny and glossy, I promise!

Success! It was fun, with very little mishap, thankfully! Hallie painted later again that night and wanted to do it again this morning. It always makes you feel good when you find something they enjoy, and that last for more than a minute!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I remember doing that when I was a kid! I'm so glad you posted it because I had forgotten all about it. Now I have something else fun to do with my Faith in God group :)

Being Ausmus said...

You ARE a creative Mommy Heather:)!!! Such a cute idea...we'll have to try it!!!!
xo