Friday, April 22, 2011

Turning 30!

The BIG 3-0 came this year.  I really wasn't too worried or concerned, in fact a little excited to use my age as an excuse for poor performances in whatever area that may be, (just kidding).  It turned out to be an excellent week or so of celebrations!  Chad was out of town on the actual day, so the kids and I celebrated with his family, which was awesome and of course totally spoiled.  Then a week later, after Chad had returned, we were in Idaho and got to go out to dinner, a movie, clothes shopping with birthday money, and not all in one day.  The party just kinda continued for days.  Loved it! 

Then conference weekend, my little sister, whose birthday is the week after mine, came to Idaho and we celebrated together!  We haven't done that since we were under 18!  We went to lunch, had a birthday dinner with all the fam, shared an ice cream cake, opened presents, etc.  Once again, truly spoiled!

A HUGE thank-you to all the friends and family for making 30 so wonderful!  I know this might sound silly to some, but probably my favorite part of turning 30 was playing volleyball for about 4 hours straight on my birthday night and taking 2nd place in city league ball!  We even worked our way up from the bottom of the brackett.  Absolutely loved it!!!   


Flower and donuts that my kids and mother-in-law picked out for me.  Yummy!

Hallie and Gavin enjoyin the birthday spoilage.

Kinda a silly picture of my man, but he is wonderful and made turning 30 awesome!  He is so good a spoiling me and the kids and I have loved this time we've had together!  Another move and a job are just around the corner and I'll have to get used to parenting alone during the day again, so everyday I try to take advantage of having him around and thank my lucky stars for this time in our lives!  



Now who knew that two little stinkers could bring so much joy, laughter, and craziness to life!  They were so excited to share my birthday with me and loved opening the presents and blowing out candles!  I love them so much!


There are some more pictures of the big event, but their not on my camera and I don't want to wait any longer.  So 30 is awesome and I love the adventures we are experiencing!


No comments: