Wednesday, October 26, 2011

He's Home!!!

A couple of weeks ago, Chad returned from completing his AO internship in California!  We are so excited to have him back after being gone for several weeks!  We weren't expecting him to arrive when he did, so we were so surprised and love having him back with us! 
I wasn't expecting him to arrive until one Saturday morning, but about 10pm Friday night, he walked in the door and completely surprised me and Gavin.  Gavin had a nap that day and wasn't the least bit tired so he was still up.  He actually saw Chad first and ran and hugged him so tight!  It was totally sweet.  He didn't want to let his daddy go!  I saw him and was just blown away, and said, "What are you doing here??!!!"  He left Redwood City, CA at 2am and drove the entire way in one day!  It took him a few days to recuperate!  Chad then took Gavin to bed and gave him some new Bumblebee Transformer pj's and Gavin could not stop talking to his dad!  He had soooo much to tell Chad!  The next morning, we were still in bed and Hallie came in our room, like she usually does, and said, "Mom, guess what?  Daddy comes today!"  I told Hallie, "Look." I then pointed to Chad and my goodness, that girl ran and jumped on him so fast!  I don't think Chad knew what hit him at that moment!  She just hugged him and hugged him!  All day Saturday, those two kids of mine never let that daddy out of their sight!  Gavin was always asking, "Where's my daddy?"  It was such a sweet moment when he returned and I love having my better half with me again!  The internship experience was amazing, but I don't think we could separate like that again for weeks at a time, unless absolutely, positively necessary!  We love you Chad!  So glad you are back!

No comments: