Monday, November 8, 2010

Halloween Fun!

We started out our Halloween fun a little bit before the actual day! We made our traditional holiday cut-out cookies, sour cream cookies. Absolutely our favorite sugar-type cookie! If you want the recipe, let me know! I think they beat your typical sugar cookie, hands down!
The week before Halloween, we went to an elementary school for some free trick-or-treating with our good friends, the Pages.
Hallie was a kitty on this night because her real costume had not yet arrived from Wyoming. Gavin dressed as his favorite buddy, Elmo!

After Hallie's cowgirl costume arrived, Gavin improvised and used a plastic carrying case for his hat. Whatever works!

The night of our ward trunk-or-treat was the third time Hallie had received candy, Gavin's second time. They'd been eating candy for a week before Halloween even arrived!
Here's Hallie showing off her cowgirl costume. Chad's grandpa made the vest and chaps for him when he was a boy.

A few of the friends at the party!

Showing off their case load of candy!
A ward member's father brought this "ride" for the kids. He drove the 4-wheeler with multiple little carts following. The kids loved it!
Poor Elmo didn't make it all the way home! Too bad I didn't get the costume off before he fell asleep!
For our first Halloween in Nevada, we loved it! Halloween night Hallie and Gavin graciously handed out all the leftover candy from the previous activities that we hadn't eaten! We told Hallie she didn't have to give away her candy, but she wanted to and had a lot of fun doing it!
My one regret...all the Reese's peanut butter cups got eaten before I got to them! I guess if that is my one regret, it was a pretty great holiday!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

We miss you guys! (seriously....at least on a weekly basis, one of us says how much we miss the Webbs). Gavin was just over a year when you left and now he looks like he's 4!!! I can't believe how big that guy is.

Being Ausmus said...

So cute!!! We miss you guys!!!! Happy Halloween Webbs!!! xoxo

Sessions said...

HOLY COW heather...CUTE< CUTE CUTE kids!! I wish we lived closer so we could get these kids together to play! It was so fun seeing you this summer you look great and Happy!!!