Thursday, February 3, 2011

New Years Celebrations and Horse Races!

Our activities for New Year's Eve and Day were completely different than any other year, and it was great! Our ward here in Wyoming decided to do a family dance party at the church. What a great idea! The place was decorated, the DJ was rockin', and everybody brought party food to share! They taught a couple of line dances and did the limbo, and then at midnight the balloons fell from the ceiling! What a party!

Grandparents Webb dancing the night away!
Gavin wanted to be Whitney's dance partner all night, other than when he needed to eat!
Hallie and Grandpa spinning on the floor!
My two handsome men!
This is Whitney doing the limbo! That girl has quite the flexibility for being as tall as she is! I need some lessons!
Happy New Year!!! Hallie lasted all night, but Gavin fell asleep about 10 minutes before midnight! It was almost "magical" when all the balloons fell!
New Year's Day we headed to the chariot horse races. Although it was freezing, we loved watching the horses race!
This is our team getting hitched to run.
That's our team on the right getting warmed up!
Keeping warm in the car! It was a -1 at one in the afternoon! Unfortunately, it's been colder since then.

What a great new year! This was our first time watching horse races and we loved it! Hallie chose her favorite teams based on the color of the horses "uniforms" (I guess that's what you call it).
As far as New Year's Resolutions go, there are are just a few things I want to focus on and change.
1. Patience: I allow myself to loose it way too fast and many times, it's over something minor. Hallie's started to tell me that I'm just tired when I loose it! Thinking twice before responding is my new goal!
2. Talking more of Christ: Like most families, we go to church, pray, read scriptures, etc., but I want Christ to be center of our lives. So we're making changes in priorities.
3. Letting it go: Too often I get caught up in what I want to do and what needs to be done (house stuff), rather then focusing on my kids. Hallie's going to be in kindergarten this year, and I feel like time is already slipping. I don't want them to always think of their mother as doing instead of being with them!
I think that's enough to try to tackle! Really the goal is to be better today than yesterday. Along with finding a new job and a new place to live, I think we've got our hands full!
Happy New Year Everyone!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I think I need to take up all your resolutions too. Just what I need!