Monday, July 25, 2011

Hallie and Bobby the Firefly

Last night Chad went on a walk with his dad and brought a firefly back for the kids, especially Hallie.  The firefly was injured, but she wanted to keep him anyway.  So Chad made him as comfortable as he could in his jar.  Well, after eating lunch today we informed Hallie that Bobby had died.  She was sad for a moment and then looks at me and says, "I'm going to give Bobby a funeral."  So we took her out to the dirt and Chad dug a little hole, put Bobby in it and Hallie offered a prayer that went something like this:

"Dear Heavenly Father. 
Please bless that Bobby will come to life again someday.
We love Bobby and he was a good bug.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

Then Bobby was covered up and Hallie and Gavin stayed by him awhile singing their own closing song.  It was a sweet little song and it was actually all done so revently.  Hallie's first experience with death was back in June when my sweet Grandma Ahlstrom passed away.  Another thing I want to blog about.  Anyway, Hallie seems to be fine with death because we've talked a lot about the ressurrection and coming back to life.  As long as that happens, than death is ok.  She and Gavin are developing their faith in life after death and living with Heavenly Father again.  I love those kids! 

1 comment:

Sessions said...

Holy cow I just noticed on your side bar baby number three! CONRATULATIONS!!!! I also love this story,isn't it amazing how children have so much faith and pick up on so much!