Monday, September 5, 2011

Grandma Ahlstrom

Back the end of June, my wonderful, funny, and beautiful grandma passed away.  It truly was a memorable experience.  My little family had the opportunity to visit grandma several hours before she passed away.  The spirit was present in that room and my kids began developing testimonies of the resurrection and eternal families.  Gavin would sit by her side and softly rub her blanket and say, "I love you grandma Ahlstrom."  He was so comforting to her.  Hallie also spoke to grandma and said her goodbyes.  I'm thankful that I could hold her hand and kiss her forehead one last time.  She was a sweet and wonderful person!  My memories are full of happy and fun times!  I loved being at her home and eating her goodies, delicious meals, playing out back, helping to decorate, sleepovers with hotcakes in the morning, dress-up complete with jewelry, and always receiving a hug and a smile!  I will miss her, but so many good things will be remembered!  I love you grandma Ahlstrom!  Until we meet again!!!



No comments: