This has been a long awaited day for Hallie! She loved preschool last year and her excitement for kindergarten just grew and grew! I don't think she ever really showed any hesitation about school. This last winter we decided it would be good to pray about schooling for her and her teacher, because we really had no idea where we would be at this point. I'm so glad we did. We're currently in Idaho Falls, (more on that later), and I assumed she would attend the same elementary that I did. Well, that school was filled up so it took until the first day of school to figure out where she would be going. She's attending a great elementary with an excellent teacher and a smaller class size. She's been so happy every day that she's come home and looks forward to the next one! I struggled leaving her the first day, but kept my tears hid till I walked out the door. I've been so excited for her to attend school, but we've had so many changes lately that I think I wanted to keep her little just awhile longer.
Just before we headed off to school. Brand spankin' new clothes, shoes and a backpack.
I just love this girl!
Gavin and I are doing preschool at home, so he wanted a pic for his first day also.
Hallie's teacher sent this cute gift home on the first day.
I'm so thankful for how school has worked out for Hallie. She's at the right place for now and so are we. It's wonderful to see how much she has grown in just a couple of weeks. What a great experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment