Sunday, November 27, 2011

A few updates...

It's really been quite awhile since I updated about my little family.  I realized I don't want to forget some of these things, so I better get crackin!

Hallie-Kindergarten seems so far away when your kid's a baby, but it caught up to us fast.  Hallie is doing great in school.  They've assessed the kids twice so far, and she's improved with each assessment.  She's becoming a great reader and memorizes really well.  She can count to 100 with only a little prompt here and there and is recognizing all the words she is learning wherever we are.  She's a great little artist and her imagination is incredible.  She loves helping her little brother and little cousins, and her favorite thing is having mommy-daughter time.  She's so excited for her little baby sister to arrive and "dress her up." I love to hear her say her prayers, because a lot of the times they are so sincere and she thinks of things I never would have.  I love her energy for life!  We've got parent-teacher conferences this week, so I'm excited to hear what her teacher has to say about her learning. 

Gavin- My little bubba's, a.k.a my little shadow, is such a great little guy!  He's changing so much as he approaches his third birthday!  He's picking up on some of Hallie's schooling and learning some letters and sounds also.  He's not even three and I had to buy him size 12 shoes!  He's a big kid!  He's so great at helping me pick up, set the table, make dinner, etc.  He's even learned how to use a little knife and can cut veggies for the salad.  He's generally the first one to offer to help and reminds us to pray.  He's been going to the bathroom off and on for the past few months, but I couldn't really get him to officially do it.  It's been something he's had to decide for himself to do.  But last week or so, out of nowhere he said, "I know how to us the potty."  Which was funny because he was in a diaper when he said that, but every now and then he wants to wear underwear, which I don't mind except for the poop.  So Saturday he asked for underwear and I said ok but that he couldn't poop in it and if he put his poop in the toilet I would get him a happy meal.  I hope I don't jinx myself, but he's been in underwear the past 2 days and has not had an accident.  In fact, he's telling me he needs to use the bathroom.  I think he's just decided he's wearing underwear.  So I'm thanking my lucky stars,(aka Heavenly Father) and going with it.  He's loves all the positive reactions he's getting and he's so glad that he makes me so happy. 

Chad and I- We're doing great and very excited for our new little baby that will be coming the end of January.  We're getting a lot closer to make some big decisions, so we're excited.  I love all that my kids are teaching me and I'm so thankful that I get to be home with them!  Pregnancy is going well minus the varicose veins, trouble turning over during the night, indigestion, etc.  It's all worth it in the end!  We're doing well and so thankful for all we have!

1 comment:

Natasha Wade said...

It has been forever. I am so happy for you and Chad. Congrats on #3. You little ones are not so little any more. miss ya