Sunday, February 17, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday Emily!

I can't believe my baby is 1!  This literally was one of the fastest years I've ever had.  We celebrated Emily's birthday a couple of times because of so many winter birthdays, but we officially celebrated on her day, February 3.  She was so cute all day long!  She loved her present, smiled while we sang Happy Birthday and loved going after her cake!

I finally got some little pigtails on her, but they were out before we even made it to church.
She loves her new toy.  

I love how she smiles perfectly for the camera.  As soon as she hears that beep, she flashes her smile!
This must have been the best way to get at that cake!
I love that she discovered looking through the plate at us!  Too funny!



She always holds her hands out when she wants me.  I love it!

This baby has been such a joy to our lives!  Some people would think we were crazy for having a baby while living with parents, opening a practice, and getting our professional lives going, but it was the best thing to do!  I remember when Chad gave me a blessing the night before she was born.  He said that she would be a light in my life.  How right that statement is!  I love seeing her morning, noon, and night!  I love how much she wants me, especially after being at work.  She's almost walking, loves to eat what we're eating, barks so sweetly at the dogs on TV, and laughs so easily!  I love how she holds out her hands when she wants to be held, how she loves to get in the wrestling mix with all of us, and the sweet hugs she lovingly gives.  I love how she sits kneeling down and bounces when she's happy.  She likes to tease us and makes us smile constantly.  Her laughter is so contagious!  We love you Emily!  I love being your mommy!

No comments: