Silly little Emily broke her arm in March. She was only wearing a diaper and white church shoes when she stood on the couch, bounced a few times, then I think she slipped. I think she put her arm out to catch herself and that was all it took. It wasn't even crazy bouncing, but those dress shoes sure can be slippery!
I could tell her crying was different, like really hurt. She kept holding her wrist, and since it was about 9pm she was already tired, so she laid on me and actually let me put an ice pack on it. Soon after she was asleep. Chad kept checking her wrist and arm and after being through a similar thing with Hallie at 11 months (yes, Hallie broke her arm at 11 months), he thought for sure it was broken. I didn't know for sure. I put her in her bed and got to be myself. About 30 minutes later she was awake and wouldn't stop crying. So off we went to RediCare.
To make a long story short, it took 3 separate visits to RediCare for them to determine it was in fact broken. It wasn't even her wrist. It was her elbow. Then it was another visit to the orthopedic surgeon to get the official cast which was pink. She did great by the third visit to RediCare, before then she just fought them. The orthopedic doc was amazing with her.
She never let it get her down. She just kept being super spunky Emily.
One person at church told me she was surprised it took her this long to break her arm. Emily likes to manifest her "free spirit" at church, and everywhere else.
And through it all, Chad was right. When they told us the wrist wasn't broken, and then the elbow wasn't broken, Chad wasn't convinced, especially since he saw the x-ray. It wasn't until the radiologist finally read the x-ray and confirmed it, did they believe us. I'm very thankful for a knowledgeable and experienced husband in the health field. He's saved us more than once.
No comments:
Post a Comment