Thursday, December 2, 2010

Weekend with the Perrys!

We were so lucky to have our good friends the Perry's come and stay with us for a few days! We met them while in chiropractic school and Steve just recently graduated, so while on the job hunt they were passing through the Vegas area and popped in to stay! We loved it! Natalie and I became good friends while being neighbors, plus we are both from Idaho Falls and we were prego buddies during our last pregnancy. Natalie lucked out and Ivy came about a month before Gavin decided to show! Natalie's an amazing cook, baker, etc., so check out her blog for many delicious recipes!
We had so much fun just hanging out, playing at the park, eating, quick visit to the strip, and catching up on old times! I am so thankful for such great friends! Hallie and Gavin were entertained for an entire weekend! It was great!


We spent one afternoon at the park. This picture proves there is grass in Southern Nevada!
We hit M&M World and bought just a few of the m&m's that are $12.99 a pound!!!
Catchin' a glimpse of the view!
This is the second time we got a picture with the Coke bear and our kids actually got close to him this time!
Jelly Belly's have hit New York! Pretty amazing statue, all out of Jelly Belly's!
We finished off with dinner at an all-time favorite restaurant, Cafe Rio, yum! Sophie is such a beauty and couldn't get enough of the dress up! (This photo is courtesy of Hallie Webb photography.)
The Doctors, just soakin' it all in! Once again, Hallie Webb Photography.
The crew. As you can tell, nothing was left. I could eat there right now!
Happy goodbyes! Since Natalie and I are both from Idaho Falls, we have a good chance to see each other again at holidays and summer visits. I love that our kids get along so great! Hallie loved having another girl to play with.
It was so nice having a close friend over to chat and hang with! Natalie is one in a million and I'm so lucky that we are friends!
Natalie and Steve are exactly where we were at one year ago, trying to decide on a job and where to live! And one year later, we are doing it again, but it's all good and so right! So, best wishes to Natalie and Steve on non-student life, a.k.a real life! You'll do awesome! We love that you came to visit us!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Aww what a sweet post! We loved seeing you guys!! I'm glad you were right in our path :) I miss our chats and having the kids play together. Maybe we'll end up closer once we both stop moving around! Love ya!

Being Ausmus said...

AWWWW so fun that you got to see each other!!!! We will forever love and miss our friends from Thornally Drive!!!