A little late, but announcing the birth of Emily Marilyn Webb! She was born February 3, 2012 at 1:59pm. She weighed 7lbs. 11oz. and was 20in long.
Lots of pictures to follow and her birth story. We're all doing amazingly well and getting use to a whole new routine! Definitely a lot of fun, though!
 |
| Just a little bit after her birth. |
 |
| Such a proud daddy! Sooooo glad he was there!!! |
 |
| My mom, Marilyn. This was the first birth she was able to be at. Loved it! |
 |
| Still didn't get my hair brushed before the picture. Next time, right? |
 |
| In this pic, I think she looks just like Hallie. |
 |
| I don't think I've ever seen a prouder smile on Hallie! |
 |
| Emily could not ask for a better big brother! |
 |
| Then there were three... |
 |
| Pure sweetness |
 |
| My niece Sarah. She's always been an amazing helper! |
 |
| Cousins! Born just a day apart! Emily and Cameron will be best buds! |
Emily followed the path of her two older siblings and came a week past the due date! I completely expected it, so I was so much more relaxed and calm this time around. I'm willing to go a week over my due date to give my body a chance to start on its own, but after that, it's time to be induced. So we scheduled an induction for the morning of February 3rd. I always think its odd that I have time to get the laundry done, make arrangements for the kids, finish some cleaning, etc., so that after I get home from the hospital, I can just rest and be mom. Works out nicely though. Anyway, the night before Chad and my dad gave me a blessing. I'm so thankful for Chad, and my dad, that they are consistently worthy to offer blessings. You know it comes from the Lord through them, especially when they say things that you have never mentioned to them, but that you were concerned about. The spirit simply testifies during that experience that what is being said is the Father's will. I know that my prayers were answered in regards to labor, delivery, recovery, and my kids being cared for while we were away. The Lord truly is mindful of us.
After a restless nights sleep, we went to the hospital at 7am, only to find out they forgot to but my name on their list of inductions. I was on the schedule, just not on their board for the day. It still worked out, and they put us in a room. After getting changed and getting up to speed with the nurses, the doctor showed up and proceeded to break my water. Now I've had my water broken two times previous and it was fairly easy and quick. For some reason, maybe the way she was sitting in me, it took three times before the water broke. It definitely was uncomfortable. With the first two, I waited a couple hours to see if my body would kick into labor before getting pitocin, but by the third I told them to just start the pitocin. I was so thankful Chad was there. I was having some nerve pain in my right hip and down my right leg, so he pulled out his chiropractic skills and relieved a lot of stuff for me! I was doing pretty good with the pitocin until I got to about a 6 and then decided I was ready to rest a bit and got an epidural shortly after. I learned with the last two that my body responds a lot better if I let the pitocin work on its own for awhile, and then get the meds. My mom showed up sometime in there, which I was so excited for because she had never had the opportunity to see the delivery of one of her grandchildren. It was a sweet experience for us both. She was a great help and the nurses allowed her to help. We also got some immediate video of Emily and pictures, which we never got with the others for various reasons. So after a 3-4 pushes, she was out! Once the cord stopped pulsating Chad got to cut it and everything else went great! Emily nursed a couple times after delivery and then waited about 10 hours before she was up for it again. She's been a great nurser since then and at her 2 week check she was up to 8lbs. 14oz. Our hospital stay was quite restful and the kids had a blast with their aunt Julie and her kids. You know it was a good experience when you think you would do it again with another baby! We're so grateful she is here safe and sound! Hallie and Gavin have been wonderful little helpers and love their baby!
1 comment:
Congratulations! That is so exciting,!
Post a Comment